OE manufacturer processes & alloy wheel coating techniques
Through our expert industry knowledge and state of the art equipment, Parkway Prestige are able to offer highly specialist wheel remanufacturing, Powder Coating and Diamond Cutting services that use OE manufacturer standard wheel preparation, processing & coating techniques in order to offer an outstanding finished result, all within a market leading turnaround time.
We have invested considerably into a fixed location, automated state of the art face-copying, diamond turning & full colour coat process, located within our repair centre in Manchester, to will ensure the highest standard of work to be completed at very competitive prices.
Our unique design will ensure that your alloy has no defects and all our work is guaranteed for 12 Months to keep your mind at ease.
Our state of the art conveyorised Alloy Wheel System includes an oven, wash booth, wheel straightening equipment and CNC wheel lathe for diamond cutting alloys. We use manufacturers approved equipment and materials and can guarantee paintwork using full low-bake ovens.
Once in our care, your wheels will be re-manufactured according to the following process & procedures: -
- Upon arrival, and if fitted, tyres, weights & valves are carefully removed.
- Tyres & wheels are individually quality assessed for damage, (we will contact you if we feel there is an issue, prior to any commencement of works, and before spending any of your money). After all, we cannot put back what isn’t there, but we will communicate and work with you to agree the best solution if necessary!
- Old coatings and any white rust or oxidisation is chemically removed.
- Hot chemical cleaning, drying, alloy dressing & meticulous surface preparation is conducted, prior to a final visual quality inspection.
- Once approved, process de-gassing & pre-heating is conducted, in order to ensure a clean surface prior to coating.
- Powder coating primer is then applied, (grey or black, as the original wheel), uniquely formulated to ensure excellent physical & visual properties.
- After primer application, all wheels are conveyed through a bespoke high temperature curing oven, at a fixed time and temperature.
- Depending on the final wheel colour and visual gloss requirements, (gloss or satin matt), at this stage, all wheels are manually quality checked prior to further application of an oe approved range of environmentally friendly water-based colours.
- After wet colour application, original equipment quality powder coating alloy wheel acrylic is applied.
- Once again, the fully coated wheel is cured within a specially designed, and totally separate curing oven, ensuring that excellent flow and glass-like clarity are achieved, mirroring where possible the original finish quality.
- A satin or matt lacquered option, if required, can then be applied as a fourth coat, once again, resulting in a typically smooth original finish.
After re-manufacture is completed, and quality control visual inspection sign-off is in place, all wheels are rebuilt with valves & tyres, prior to being laser balanced, for proud return to our clients.