Parkway Prestige ARC Limited takes its obligations concerning data protection seriously. We are providing this notice so you have information about how we collect and process your personal information. We ask you to please read this Privacy Notice as it has important information you need to know.
What does our company do?
Parkway Prestige ARC Limited is an approved and accredited vehicle body repairer that organises and manages the repair of accident damaged vehicles for individuals, motor insurance companies and fleets. We work with contracted specialists and vehicle manufacturers that supply parts, paint, materials, and services to enable the repair of your vehicle.
How do we use your personal information?
This privacy notice is to let you know how Parkway Prestige ARC Limited, the companies within the Repair Network and specialist supply chain promise to look after your personal information. This includes what has been passed on to us via your insurer, what you tell us about yourself, what we learn by having you as a client or customer, and the choices you give us about what you want us to send to you. This notice explains how we do this and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
- To keep your data safe and private
- To manage your data based on your rights
- Not to sell your data
How the law protects you
As well as our privacy promise, your privacy is protected by law. Data Protection law says that we are allowed to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so. This includes sharing outside Parkway Prestige. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
- When it is in our legitimate interest, or
- When it is our legal duty, or
- When you consent to it
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. But even then, it must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you. If we rely on our legitimate interest, we will tell you what it is. In most cases it will be to repair your vehicle.
What information do we collect and process?
In order for us to repair your vehicle it is legitimate and necessary to receive from your insurer, fleet manager, company, or from yourself necessary personal data. “Personal Data” is information about you which, either on its own or when connected with other data, allows us to identify you as an individual customer to provide you with our services. The personal data we hold may include the following:
- Your full name and contact information (address, town, postcode, email and phone number)
- Your credit card details and/or bank account details (if paying by cheque or bank transfer)
- Your purchase details (including time, date and cost, and VAT status and insurance excess)
- Your insurance company (if our work is part of an insurance claim)
- Your vehicle information (make, model, registration number)
- Your proof of identity (valid driving licence and/or passport)
- Your driving record in respect of speeding offences and points for use of alternative transport
- Your image on security CCTV around our sites
- Your work address and contact information
- Your calls and correspondence with us
- Your feedback
Personal data will be collected from you or passed to us by your insurance company/fleet manager/vehicle recovery agent. However, some personal data may, where lawful to do so, or with your consent, be collected by us from third parties (e.g. DVLA to check speeding offences for use of courtesy vehicles).
Data minimisation is a principle that states that data collected or processed should not be held or further used unless for essential reasons clearly stated in advance. This is defined as information that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which its processed. This approach represents best practice for reducing the risk of unauthorised access and maintaining customer trust.
When processing and collecting data from our clients and customers we ask ourselves the following questions:
- How are we planning to use the data?
- Is there a way of achieving the purpose without having to collect the data?
- Does the individual know we are processing or collecting the data?
- Does the individual know why we are processing or collecting the data?
- How long will we need the data for to achieve the purpose?
If you choose not to give personal information
Please note that you are under no obligation to provide us with your personal information, but not providing certain data could prevent us from serving you, which could lead to cancellation of the service.
Why do we need your personal data?
Parkway Prestige ARC Ltd processes personal data about you for a number of purposes, including:
- To organise specialist repair functions such as system recalibration with contracted third parties
- To follow up with you shortly after the repair to your vehicle to check everything is satisfactory
- For internal record keeping (to be able to respond to customer enquiry and invoicing)
- To make an appointment with you to assess the accident damage on your vehicle
- To process payments by credit/debit card or bank account details
- To remind or update you of progress or completion date
- To provide our services to you as requested or agreed
- To help us improve the services we offer
This list is not exhaustive and may be updated from time to time. We do not ‘trade’ in your personal data and will not sell or rent your details.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
Parkway Prestige ARC Ltd works with vehicle manufacturers, insurance companies and accident management companies. We may share your basic personal data, such as name, contact details, claim number and vehicle details with the relevant company you are connected with to provide the service you have requested.
Limited personal information may also be made available to third parties providing relevant services under contract to Parkway Prestige, such as vehicle specialists, engineers, auditors, compliance managers, insurance companies, IT hosting, and maintenance providers. These companies may use information about you to perform their functions in accordance with the services we have requested and contract terms agreed as part of our service to you.
We may also disclose specific information upon lawful request by government authorities, law enforcement and regulatory authorities where required or permitted by law. Also in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential and we will never ask you for your password.
In the event that we sell our business, we may share your details with the buyer to enable them to fulfil the service we have agreed with you.
Your personal information will not be transferred to, stored or otherwise processed outside the EU. Our data minimisation policy limits information to what is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. International transfers of data between any of the countries we operate in is limited to operational and financial information. Personal information is not transferred.
Do we get involved in direct marketing?
Parkway Prestige ARC Ltd does not take part in any direct marketing activities apart from requests for optional customer service feedback. We hope that the quality of our service and people will be enough for you to recommend us to others and view our website.
What rights do you have to amend personal information?
You have the right to review the personal data held by us and have inaccurate information about you corrected. To understand more about our data processing activities or to request access to your personal information, please contact our customer support team or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if you want us to stop using your personal information?
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove, or to stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known and the ‘right of erasure’ or the ‘right to be forgotten’. There may be legal, warranty related or other reasons why we need to keep or use your data, but please tell us if you think that we should not be using it.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Parkway Prestige ARC Ltd will keep your details on record for as long as it is necessary to meet record keeping requirements. We hold booking, invoice and email details for seven years. They are then deleted in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation. Should you wish to make a warranty claim after this period, you will need to provide a copy of our invoice or our completed guarantee. Data not required to retain by law, such as speeding offence details for the provision of alternative transport will be deleted on completion of service.
Website and Cookies
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information on our website:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to our website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and services.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of estimation.
- Any other information that you choose to send us
We may send a cookie, which may be stored on your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of our website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking ‘Tools’, ‘Internet Options’, ‘Privacy’, and selecting ‘Block all Cookies’ using the sliding selector. However, this will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including ours.
Personal information submitted on this website will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy notice or in relevant parts of our website. We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Enable your use of the services available on our website
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Where you have specifically given consent for us to do so, send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties]) which we think may be of interest to you, by post, by email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at email@example.com
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users without identifying any individual user
- Deal with any enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing. Except as provided in this privacy notice, we will not provide your information to third parties.
Our website contains links to other websites (e.g. your insurer’s website). We are not responsible for the privacy notices, policies or practices of third party websites. Please visit your insurer website if you wish to view their privacy notice / policy.
Manufacturer Approved Repairs
'In order to process vehicle repairs (and associated guarantees), warranty claims and record vehicle service history, we will share your information with the relevant manufacturer of your vehicle. For more detail of the ways in which your information is used by these manufacturers please use the below links:'
|Mercedes Benz||Mercedes Benz/privacy|
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our treatment of your personal information, please write to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The Data Protection Officer, Parkway Prestige ARC Ltd, Unit 10 Monde Trading Estate, Westinghouse Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1LP.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Parkway Prestige ARC Limited may change this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law. This version was created in May 2018.
|0.1||Vizion GDPR Privacy Notice 03012018 (Initial Draft)||HS|
|0.2||Vizion GDPR Privacy Notice 14092018||HS|